Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Following Twyla Tharp's advice - again


This was made both to 'learn' from following Lisa Call and to make an 'inspired by' journal quilt for my online quilt group.









The second picture is what I made. I don't have huge amounts of hand dyes and also wanted to use some of my beautiful 'commercial' fabrics. This is the result. I really like it. It is quite small - about 40x60cm.





The third picture is my digital creation so see what it would look like bigger. Again I'm really pleased with it.

2 comments:

Helen said...

that is my favourite Lisa Call quilt of all time. actually one of my favourite quilts in the whole wide world. and your interpretation is very cool. It looks amazing in the big version. Make it!! I stopped by really to show you this....
http://www.auntycookie.com/blog/2008/11/knit_one_again_and_then_some_m_1.html
oh, I hope the link works....anyway, fabric made for ATC's for knitters I think....

Philippa said...

Hey there - I haven't visited for a while but have 2 kids home sick today... so what a chance! Love the quilt you have done and I think that the commercial fabrics in it look really good - go on - make a big one - dare you!

I couldn't possibly idntify just one of Lisa's quilts that is my favourite - just too hard! however this would definately be in the top 5....